Serbia – Level 4: Do not travel because of COVID-19
Travel Advisory from Serbia has been raised to Level 4: Do not travel to Serbia due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution in Serbia due to COVID-19 and crime. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Serbia. Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before planning international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a level 4 travel health advisory for Serbia due to COVID-19, indicating a high level of COVID-19 in the country. Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA-cleared vaccine. Before planning an international trip, please review the CDC’s specific recommendations for fully vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers.
Also, be extra careful in Serbia due to criminality. Violence associated with organized crime and large-scale sporting events in Serbia is common. Please read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Serbia:
- See the U.S. Embassy webpage regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s travel and COVID-19 webpage.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not display signs of wealth, such as expensive watches or jewelry.
- Do not answer your door at your hotel / residence unless you know who it is.
- Stay alert in places frequented by Westerners.
- Be extra careful when visiting banks or ATMs.
- Take a copy of your passport and visa (if applicable) and leave the original in your hotel safe.
- Provide your itinerary to a family member or friend.
- Monitor local media.
- Sign up for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and facilitate your location in an emergency.
- Follow the State Department on Facebook andTwitter.
- View the Serbian Crime and Security Report.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Consult the traveler’s checklist.