PRESS DIGEST – Financial Times – August 15
Aug 15 (Reuters) – Here are the top stories from the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not guarantee their accuracy.
– Brexit intensifies UK labor shortages https://on.ft.com/3bShltU
– UK’s Tory rivals are under increasing pressure to freeze the energy price cap https://on.ft.com/3QzUD8u
– Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal made a $500 million bet on Russia at the start of the war in Ukraine https://on.ft.com/3QJY0K1
– EU calls for talks on ending Balkan war ahead of Serbia-Kosovo meetings https://on.ft.com/3SS7rsQ
– Brexit has exacerbated Britain’s labor shortages over the past year, with industries most dependent on freedom of movement being hit hard, according to a report led by university academics of Oxford.
– Britain’s Conservative Party leadership candidates came under increasing pressure on Sunday to detail plans to tackle soaring energy bills, with growing calls to find a way to freeze the amount paid by households.
– Kingdom Holding, one of Saudi Arabia’s most prominent investors, majority-owned by Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, poured hundreds of millions of dollars into Russian energy companies shortly before and after the invasion of Ukraine this year, according to a group filing on Sunday.
– The European Union has demanded that Serbia and Kosovo drop talk of war as the bloc and NATO prepare to hold crisis talks with the rivals this week in a bid to avert a new conflict in the Balkans.
(Compiled by Bengaluru Newsroom)