City decide what to do with Ferran Torres’ money as Pep Guardiola identifies replacement
Pep Guardiola is unlikely to re-inject his Ferran Torres manna into the transfer market, with the Manchester City boss ready to offer a young star in particular more first-team chances, according to a report.
Torres’ 16-month stint at City ended on Tuesday as the club reluctantly accepted an offer from Barcelona. He returns to La Liga in a deal that could earn City as much as Â£ 54million – and a handsome profit on their initial investment. Indeed, his move to Camp Nou saw a rather ridiculous exit clause placed in his contract.
In the end, Guardiola would have preferred to keep Torres. He was improving all the time at City and his 16 goals in 43 appearances illustrated his growing importance and influence at the Etihad.
However, his desire to return to Spain eventually saw Guardiola give in and grant him his wish.
Moreover, his injury issues this season have limited him to just seven appearances so far. Without him, City have stolen and can extend their lead to nine points at the top of the standings on Wednesday night.
And with the goals pouring in this season, Guardiola appears to have decided not to sign a replacement anytime soon.
Instead, and according to Temperature, the boss of City wants to offer himself more prospects in the first team for Cole palmer.
The 19-year-old attacking midfielder has already made 10 first-team appearances this season. Seen as the next big thing, City supporters are already creating a buzz about his potential.
Guardiola delighted by Palmer
Indeed, Temperature says town staff were so impressed with Palmer that they have no qualms about him presenting more.
The reader can work as # 8 or # 10. And, with an extended run on the likely side, City will turn down all loan offers for the teenager next month.
Another midfielder who caught Guardiola’s attention is 19-year-old midfielder James McAtee.
City will however consider loans for him next month, but only to a club that play a similar style to City.
Luke Mbete (18), Josh Wilson Esbrand (19) and Romeo Lavia (17) have also recently started training with the first team.
Referring to their young stars having more chances in the first team, a source described their plan to Temperature.
âWe were really impressed with the academy,â the main source told the newspaper.
City pays Ferran Torres in cash
As a result, the initial Â£ 45million accrued from the sale of Torres will be recognized for now and included in future investments.
Harry Kane and Dusan Vlahovic are two men who could fit into the summer window equation.
City remain strongly linked with the forwards as they plan to step up their attack for next season.
City’s efforts to keep Kane away from Tottenham failed last summer. And trying to attract her now can be just as difficult.
However, they might have better luck with Vlahovic if they pursue that option this summer.
Reports claim he will likely move on at the end of the season, with the Premier League seemingly his favorite destination.
The Serbian forward currently operates on a goals-per-game basis and is seen as a good fit for City’s style.
READ MORE: Neville and Carragher face three players as they name the team of the season
Post Town decides what to do with Ferran Torres’ money as Pep Guardiola identifies the replacement who appeared first on TBEN.